Last Updated: July 6, 2017.
Personally Identifiable Information. Potts Legal, PLLC does not collect Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) about you unless you provide it through forms on our websites, by sending e-mails, or by responding to our e-mails. PII may include the following: name, e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information. Potts Legal, PLLC may use your PII for the following purposes:
• Keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and use it to respond to you, if you contact us through the website.
• Send administrative information, including but not limited to information regarding the website and changes to our terms and policies.
• Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or publications that you may request.
• Provide services, including the provision of seminars and other events.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring, and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
• Any purposes Potts Legal, PLLC believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, rights, privacy, safety or property, and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that Potts Legal, PLLC may sustain…
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information. Potts Legal, PLLC generally does not disclose PII that we collect through your use of our website to unaffiliated third-parties that do not otherwise provide services for our website. We reserve the right, however, to provide such information to our employees, contractors, agents, and designees to the extent necessary to enable them to perform database- and communication-related services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Potts Legal, PLLC uses web analytics services to analyze and monitor activity on our websites. These web analytics services may use “Cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help us analyze how visitors use the website.
User Options Related to Personally Identifiable Information. You may request to review, correct, update, or remove any of your PII that you may have previously provided to us. In your request, please be specific as to the PII that you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your PII removed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your PII. For your protection, Potts Legal, PLLC may only implement requests with respect to the PII associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and Potts Legal, PLLC may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Potts Legal, PLLC will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that Potts Legal, PLLC may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Security. Potts Legal, PLLC seeks to use reasonable administrative, organizational, and technical measures to protect your PII. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that any of your information may have been compromised, please immediately notify us of your concerns by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Special Notification for Individual California Users. We do not disclose our clients’ PII to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes. Because separate legal entities are considered “third parties” for purposes of California Civil Code Section 1798.83, and certain communications from our affiliates might be viewed as promoting their legal services, Potts Legal, PLLC is providing the following information for California residents who have provided us with their PII during the creation of or during the course of an established legal services relationship that is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes (“Individual California Users”). Individual California Users may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of PII to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Website by Minors. This website is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and Potts Legal, PLLC requests that these individuals not provide PII through this website.
Sensitive Information. Potts Legal, PLLC asks that you not send or disclose any sensitive PII (e.g., social security numbers, credit card, or other payment card information) through this website.
Consent to This Privacy Statement. By using the website, you consent to the collection and use of information by us as specified herein or as we otherwise see fit unless you inform us otherwise by means of the procedure provided herein.