Meet the Attorney
Attorney Crystal D. Potts is the founder of Potts Legal, PLLC and is licensed to practice in Florida and Georgia. Crystal pursued her undergraduate education at the University of Central Florida, where she earned a Bachelor’s in Journalism, a minor degree in Communicative Disorders, and a Certificate in American Sign Language. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Florida A&M University College of Law (“FAMU”).
While pursuing her Juris Doctorate, Crystal served as a Guardian ad Litem in the Ninth Judicial Circuit and a member of the FAMU Mock Trial Team. Crystal also held leadership positions at FAMU with the Student Bar Association, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, and the Entertainment, Arts, & Sports Law Society. She served as an Assistant Editor with the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Crystal began her legal career as an Associate Attorney at a private firm that focused on personal injury, motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, premises liability, employment discrimination, and business litigation cases. Crystal is also a certified Federal EEO Investigator. In 2018, Crystal was selected as one of six attorneys to participate in the Florida Bar Business Law Section fellowship program, where she focused on intellectual property.
In her free time, Crystal enjoys spending time with her family and Chorkie named Romeo, reading, and traveling. She is also very active at her church, New Life in Christ Enrichment Center.
CRYSTAL D. POTTS, ESQ.
- Florida Bar
- Georgia Bar
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District
(Past & Present)
- Head of Communications and Sunday School Teacher, New Life in Christ Enrichment Center
- 3rd Vice President, G.A.I.N. Professional Business Group, Inc.
- American Sign Language Interpreter and Sunday School Teacher, Faith Assembly
- Mentor, Raising the Bar
- Harbor House Certified Domestic Violence Advocate, Americorps
- Presenter, Treasure Coast Minority Business Expo
- Volunteer Attorney, Florida Rural Legal Services
- Volunteer Attorney, Dade Legal Aid’s Put Something Back
- Volunteer, Florida Guardian ad Litem
- Workshop Presenter, Treasure Coast S.C.O.R.E.
(Past & Present)
American Bar Association – Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industry; Business Law Section; Section of Intellectual Property Law; and Forum Committee on Communications Law
Florida Bar – Business Law Section (Intellectual Property Committee and Communications Committee); and Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section
Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
St. Lucie County Bar Association
Port St. Lucie Bar Association
Georgia Bar – Entertainment & Sports Section; and Intellectual Property Section
Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
Gate City Bar Association